Tuesday, April 21, 2015
Top Ten Tuesday: ALL TIME Favorite Authors
Ooooh boy. OH BOY. The truth comes out.
I'm going to count down in order to my #1..... Here goes.
10. Stephanie Perkins - Because Lola and the Boy Next Door is my favorite contemporary novel ever.
9. John Green - Yeah, well, I like the ones who break my heart. I don't always agree with Green's beliefs, his worldview, but I cannot get enough of the humanity of his stories, and the fact that I don't always agree makes me think hard. I repeat: I can't get enough.
8. N. D. Wilson - If you haven't read any of Nate's books, you're doing something wrong. I suggest you start with 100 Cupboards and work your way up from there.
7. Cornelia Funke - This woman was the first to inspire me to write fantasy, and now that's almost all I write. She also created one of my favorite fictional characters ever, Dustfinger. GIVE IT HERE.
6. Lauren Oliver - I re-read the Delirium trilogy every year. I think that says something? And while Panic might not have been the best book ever, Vanishing Girls is reestablishing my belief that Oliver can write basically anything she wants to.
5. Catherine Fisher - Incarceron and Sapphique are in my top 10 favorites, so. ALSO JARED. HE'S RIGHT UP THERE WITH DUSTFINGER.
4. Anne Perry - I don't like mysteries all that often, but this woman nails it EVERY SINGLE DAMN TIME. I weep over her mysteries, and Monk, and Hester, and just Perry in general.
3. Sarah J. Maas - HA. Not even going to try to explain.
2. Fyodor Dostoevsky - The Idiot is my favorite standalone/classic/novel in general. Ever. So. There's that.
1. Maggie Stiefvater. THIS WOMAN DESTROYS ME. HER CHARACTERS. THE ATMOSPHERE. THE STORY. THE SOUL. SHE SPEAKS TO MY HEART AND MIND AND BODY AND SOUL. I HAVE NEVER FELT SO MUCH LOVE FOR BOOKS IN MY LIFE. Like. I actually mean that. I thought I loved to read before Maggie.....but now I realize that was all just regular, mortal love. THIS NEW LOVE TRANSCENDS TIME AND SPACE.
Okay I'm done being a drama queen (oh, but I meant every word).
Who are YOUR favorite authors?