This morning I discovered it was Sarah Maas' birthday. And you know what I was inspired to do? Write this post, to tell you all how awesome she is, and just...fangirl and flail.
And without further ado...
1. Her fabulous mind was so brilliant that it magically created such a being as Chaol. I sometimes like to imagine that Chaol was the First Great Idea of the world and that Sarah just built the world of ToG around him because he needed something Just That Awesome to fill with his Great Beauty. And that in the process of this An Angel Got His Wings and every unicorn produced a baby unicorn and that every flower bloomed in rainbow colors and sparkles.
2. Reason #2....she looks like Jennifer Lawrence. And, in some ways, she reminds me of the cover model on the original ToG covers. Can we just marvel at her good looks? She is a goddess. I'm convinced JLaw is her alter ego, and that on the side they model for book covers. Oh, and in case you can't tell, Sarah is the one in the middle. Just so you're sure.
OH! And apparently I'm not the only person who thinks this. You type her name into Google, and guess who else is popularly Googled with her? You got it. Susan Dennard and...Jennifer Lawrence. Oh, no big deal. I have proof:
3. She and her best friend, Sooz (^^ listed above), fight Kaiju with Jeagers. Here, I have more proof. I'm just cranking out the proof today. (And in case anyone was wondering...I actually did make this...and proceeded to give it to her at a book signing.)
4. So I know I already mentioned Chaol, but really - the stories in her books and the other characters are so FREAKING WONDERFUL. I've never read anything like them and they draw me in and I can never get enough. I mean, really, Cinderella + assassins + swoony men = my favorite kind of book. Which is basically only Sarah's books - because who else has that combination? NO ONE! Sarah is a one of a kind writer, and in this day and age of writing, that's the best thing you can possibly be: one of a kind. Her stories and characters inspire me every day to do what I love and be the writer I've always wanted to be. Only the Coolest of the Cool People can do that. Just sayin'.
5. The fifth reason Sarah Is The Coolest Ever (but not the final reason...I just can't list them all because that would be an entire book of reasons) is demonstrated clearly at her Twitter account. @sjmaas is one of the best places to be on Twitter...nope, just kidding. It is The Best Place to be on Twitter. You just want to be there, okay? Even if you haven't read her books (which you should have and if not go back to the corner where you belong), you'll want to be there. Sarah interacts with her fans and basically, we're all just one big happy family and it is perfect. She also has Twitter conversations with @stdennard that will rock your world and make you laugh rainbows. ( <--- a="" div="" is="" joke.="" not="" this="">--->
Ta da! There are my five reasons that Sarah Maas is the Coolest Ever. So go read her books. Even if you already have, just...go. GO!
And Sarah, happiest of all happy birthdays to you, love! Eat lots of cake, just like Celaena would. I already had a cookie and ice cream sandwich in honor of your birthday...well, actually, also because I wanted it. But mostly for your birthday. ;) XOXO