Check out The Broke and the Bookish, where this meme is hosted! :)
Considering I live next to the beach, you'd think I'd love the beach. Well, I'm not a beach girl...but I do love to READ on the beach. Here are my top favorites! :) (And not in any particular order, as usual...)
1. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith. Because this is one of my favorite books ever, it really is wonderful no matter where you are. And considering it's also a contemporary romance, it fits the beach mold epicly!
2. Leepike Ridge by N. D. Wilson. A book about a boy who gets lost in an underground river. EPIC! It's an easy read, too, so it's fun to sit in the sun and absorb all these adventures!
3. Inkheart, Inkspell, and Inkdeath by Cornelia Funke. They're some of my all-time favorite books, so naturally, these also count. Plus, they suck you into their adventure so easily that it's like you're there! I'm reading them right now as a part of a read-along! Join us if you'd like!
4. Unraveling by Elizabeth Norris. YESSSS!! This book because it takes place in San Diego, and some scenes happen at the local beaches. I could be sitting at Torrey Pines State Beach, off the 101, and reading this book, imagining Janelle and all her friends hanging out. CRAZY AWESOME.
5. Austenland by Shannon Hale. It's much too adorable to pass up. It's just. WOW.
6. The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen. OMG THIS BOOK. WES. CATERING. SUMMER TIME. So yeah. Excited much? I could devour this book on the beach. Seriously.
7. Percy Jackson by Rick Riordan. By Percy Jackson I mean literally any book that has the mere mention of Percy's name in it. This includes the Heroes of Olympus series. I'm so amazed by these books. They're easy reads and wonderful reads, and totally beach-read-worthy.
8. Scaramouche by Rafael Sabatini. I love this book so much. SO MUCH. Andre-Louis makes me swoon, and there's so much action and a little bit of romance that I just...yeah. I get excited. TOTALLY a beach read for me!
9. The Brides of Rollrock Island by Margo Lanagan. Not only is the cover of the gorgeous ocean, but the inside is just as incredible. It's a bit dark, so not very many people would enjoy this as a beach read, but WOW. It's incredible. And takes place on a small island. And yeah. It's a favorite book for sure.
10. My Fair Godmother and My Unfair Godmother by Janette Rallison. EEEEEK THESE BOOKS! They make me so warm and fuzzy inside. They're romantic and packed full of action and mystery. Perfect for a lazy day at the beach. (Or any day, really. They're that wonderful!)
SO that's my list, but here I'm going to do something a little different. I'm going to add 5 books that I WANT to read on the beach this summer. Here goes:
1. Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
2. The Fine Art of Truth or Dare by Melissa Jensen
3. Liesl & Po by Lauren Oliver
4. Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen
5. Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout
And there you go! Let me know what you think of my list and link me up to yours! :)